Anchor and premiere political/special projects reporter with a proven record of exclusive, original enterprise reporting.
CBS4 & FOX 59, Indianapolis, Ind.
Anchor/Political Reporter - 12/14 to Present
- Anchor weekend evening newscasts, M-F primary fill-in
- Field anchor major breaking news events
- Obtain exclusive interviews with the highest-level newsmakers in the country including former President Obama, the sitting Vice President and numerous presidential hopefuls
- Pitch and produce original local-based content through strong sources
- Strong managerial experience as acting weekend managing editor, making editorial decisions, approving scripts and dispatching crews
- Consistently increase and grow social media presence
WBAY-TV, Green Bay, Wisc.
Anchor/Lead Special Projects, Political Reporter - 10/07 to 11/14
- Anchor weekend morning shows with ratings increase
- Lead investigative, political reporter producing award-winning original reporting
- Exclusive interviews with President Obama, Mitt Romney and others receive national attention
- Incorporate new technology in daily anchoring and reporting
- Community-engaged presenter to schools and groups; judge's choice in local Dancing With the Stars
KBJR-TV, NBC 6 & CBS 3, Duluth, Minn.
Anchor/Reporter/Producer - 5/05 to 10/07
- Anchored and produced multiple weekend newscasts on NBC and CBS networks ; shot and edited video
- Wrote multiple stories for various platforms on a daily basis; reported live on location or in-studio
- Consistently assigned the lead story, in all newscasts, as a freelance and intern reporter
WCCO-TV, Minneapolis, Minn.
Special Projects Unit Intern - 1/07 to 5/07
- Assisted in research, writing and creating credible sources; conducted interviews with I-Team staff
- Worked closely with experienced, award-winning producers, anchors and reporters
The Record, Collegeville, Minn.
Editor in Chief - 5/06 to 12/06
News Editor - 1/05 to 5/05
- Established and executed brand for The Record, which resulted in multiple statewide and national awards
- Led weekly editorial meetings and workshops for editors and reporters, created budgets and assigned stories
- Responded to all readers' concerns, complaints and comments
UTVS-TV, St. Cloud, Minn.
News Anchor - 1/05 to 5/05
- Co-anchored daily live newscasts for St. Cloud State University's television station; wrote copy for newscasts
- ABC NewsOne
- AP News Wires
- AP Stylebook
- CBS Newspath
- CNN Pathfire
- Linear/Non-Linear Editing
- NBC Newschannel
- Emmy, National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Chicago/Midwest Chapter - 2013, 2014
- Election Coverage, Wisconsin Broadcasters Association - 2013
- News Writing, Wisconsin Broadcasters Association - 2012, 2010
- First Place, Investigative Reporting, Minnesota Newspaper Association - 2007
- Second Place, Social Issues Feature Story, Minnesota Newspaper Association - 2007
- First Place, General Assignment Report, Minnesota Newspaper Association - 2006
Saint John's University, Collegeville, Minn.
Bachelor of Arts - May 2007
- Major: Communication
- Minor: Political Science
- GPA: 3.5/4.0